bitter13

ism

A distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.

Babel Tower
A.S. Byatt
My Life
Golda Meir
The Sun Also Rises
Ernest Hemingway

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, Book 1)

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm reading the eBook version or if it's the book itself but I found it hard to read this in the beginning. It could be both. I like reading the printed version better but since I wasn't very impressed when I was starting the book I didn't bother going to the book store. I said "in the beginning" and "when I was starting" because the book grew on me. In that regard, this book was like Angelfall, that post apocalyptic story of angels and mortals, because it only got interesting towards the end.I was about 65% through City of Bones when I started to like it. I thought half of the book was dragging that it took me a week to finish a book that would only normally take me a couple days tops. The characters being of barely legal age was also something that held me back. I was reading about warriors and ... surprise! They're 17 year-old kids! Clary is 15. Maybe that's okay but it was sort of awkward in a way because there are times it's hard to imagine them as teenagers especially with their descriptions and language. Oh, well.Here's to hoping the next books would have a quicker pace and would just pick up on where it left off. Or something like that. Now on to the City of Ashes! Lol.