bitter13

ism

A distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.

Babel Tower
A.S. Byatt
My Life
Golda Meir
The Sun Also Rises
Ernest Hemingway

City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments, The)

City of Ashes  - Cassandra Clare I like this book ... and I don't like this book. I like the plot and the story and the pace is faster now than the first book. I keep skipping some parts, though. And I never do that. Specifically, it's the love angle that I don't like. You can completely take that off and still have a solid and intact story with interesting twists and conflicts. Take the supernatural thing off and it's not even a passable romance novel. I know humans are made not without flaws but the main character is really coming off as shallow, fickle and, well, a flirt. I don't know if that's who young adults should look up to.There are too much quotes too. I know it's harder to write a whole novel than an article but in articles you can't put in too much quotes because it would just come off as fillers. I get it, you read a lot of literature and can even quote the Bible. It's hard to write when you don't read. It's usually where people get ideas. And I like how these ideas are made into a novel. Again, it has a pretty solid story. But too much quotes is like showing off, really. "Oh, you can quote the Bible!!!" "Oh you read Aeneid and Dantes Inferno!!!" ... eh.So yeah, 3 stars. Mediocre. And again ... off to the next book.